In a market dominated by technology and innovation, it’s no surprise that many businesses are looking at innovative ways to get more bang for their buck in terms of their technological investments. And there are many ways that you can shift strategies and try something new. But one of the most effective ways to upgrade your network is by partnering with a managed IT service provider.
Network upgrades are a regular expense in the modern business world. You have to replace outdated technology periodically and expand your network as your business grows. However, timing your network upgrades is a huge challenge. If you upgrade too early, you will have unnecessary expenses and complications. But if you wait too long, your network won’t be nearly as productive as it could be. Managed IT service providers often have enough experience and knowledge to help you map out upgrades in a way that makes business sense – which can also save you money throughout the process.
But the benefits of working with a managed IT service provider don’t end there. Managed IT service providers can help you find many other benefits through a network upgrade, such as:
- Streamlining operations: To upgrade your network, your managed IT service provider must understand your operations and then bring them together efficiently and effectively. As they move through this process, many service providers can help you identify areas where your current architecture could be used more efficiently to streamline operations, enhance collaboration, and ensure you are leveraging all of your resources for maximum returns.
- Centralized applications and servers: With managed services, your data and apps are hosted remotely, allowing them to be centralized. They also often require the following of international standards for security and control, which means your data is often safer in the event of a cyberattack or natural disaster.
- 24/7 Support: Managed IT service providers can provide around-the-clock service, which you may not have with in-house staff. This benefit can give you peace of mind that you will have the support you need to minimize downtime if something happens. In many instances, your managed IT service provider may even be aware of an issue before you are. As a result, they can take action to mitigate the problem before it impacts your ability to carry out normal business.
- More knowledge and expertise: Managed IT service providers often have a team of IT professionals covering all subsets and specialties. And when you use a provider, you have access to this level of expertise, which would be impossible with in-house IT staff. In addition, these experts can cover all of the aspects of your network upgrade to ensure that it goes as smoothly as possible.
- Innovative ideas: It is easy to get lost in the details when exploring a network upgrade. There are many different strategies you could take, each with its benefits and drawbacks. And there may be some that you don’t even consider. But when you work with a managed IT service provider throughout your network upgrade, they can bring fresh ideas and emerging applications to you. Often, this may result in a better, more innovative upgrade that will last your company far into the future.
- Greater compliance: Another aspect that can easily be overlooked during a network upgrade is compliance. Depending on your industry, there may be unique regulations and rules that apply to your data. Managed IT service providers often have a very in-depth understanding of all compliance rules and can ensure that you meet any regulations throughout the network upgrade.
- Stable costs: Any business that has been around a decade or more knows the pain of dealing with an unplanned IT expense. If a component in your infrastructure fails and must be replaced, this can be a big expense. And it’s not always easy to come up with the funds on short notice. With managed IT services, you have a schedule of expenses that ensures you know what to expect and can develop a stable budget.
- Future-proof services to keep you ahead of your competition. One of the best business strategies in today’s economy is identifying useful technology and leveraging its benefits before competitors have the opportunity. Managed IT service providers are continuously learning and can bring this expertise to you – which will keep you one step ahead of your competitors at all times.
Managed IT services are the way to go for many network upgrades. The benefits are too great to ignore. To learn more about how your company could benefit from managed IT services, contact Sagacent Technologies today!