Large enterprise companies have long used server clustering to increase performance and fault tolerance. Now more affordable, Sagacent Technologies can help small and mid-sized businesses strategically use multiple servers to get technological and business advantages:
- High availability—Adding redundancy to the network reduces single points of failure and offer far greater resiliency, business continuity, and fault tolerance.
- Load balancing—Sharing a workload across more than one device offers superior performance.
- Scalability—Your server needs can seamlessly grow along with your business.
Server clustering protects against three different types of outages:
- System or hardware failure—These outages generally impact components such as central processing units (CPUs), adapters, memory, power supplies, and drives.
- Application or service failure—This type of outage impacts applications and services on the network that are critical to its operation.
- Site failure—These outages generally stem from things like natural disasters or when there is a widespread power outage. Site failures may impact multiple locations.
Additional Benefits of Server Clustering
Additional enhancements include:
- Capacity on demand—Servers can meet peak demand when necessary by reassigning resources based on workload changes.
- Parallel processing—This allows program instructions to be divided among multiple processors, reducing the total time necessary to complete the program.
- Systems management—Rather than managing multiple disparate servers, you can manage a cluster as a single system.
Let Sagacent Technologies Set Up Your Server Cluster
Find out how we can help you get the benefits of server clustering with design and implementation services.